Punch Club is a game with 80-90s atmosphere about a guy who likes to fight and dreams to become the greatest fighter in the world.
You, along with the hero start as a small town fighter who fights on the streets and underground fight clubs and try to become the best of the best.
Throughout the whole game you have to make decisions which may affect the Hero’s character and fate, and will determine whether he will become rich and famous or a couch potato in front of the TV.
You will not only be a fighter along with Hero, but you are responsible for your daily life, your diet, your physical training, to prepare for the fights and all the fighter’s responsibilities to become successful.
It is all up to you!…. whether Hero will become a well-known fighter and a celebrity or devote himself to the fight against evil or maybe….fall into the dark side.
- Nostalgia of the 80s and 90s.
- Lots of references to movies and games 80 – 90s. (i.e. if you get a job as pizza guy – it’s a chance to meet the Teenage Mutant Ninja Alligators)
- Leveling up and character progression.
- Perks: Some are partly gained at birth and others after quests have been completed and come to a decision. (Perks during the game are very important).
- Nonlinear story line. You have an opportunity to prepare for every fight, to study and analyze the opponent’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Don’t manage to beat an opponent, try to buy information about his weaknesses in advance, or for example poison his beloved hamster.